As I mentioned in my last post, I’ve been in a funk, and unfortunately, it still hasn’t gone away. I am feeling a little more rested after a weekend of lounging around and relaxing, though. It’s difficult for me to just “be lazy” because I often feel guilty for not doing something more productive. I am beginning to realize that lazy days are actually a GOOD thing once in awhile. It’s good to just chill out and do things that make you happy, and that’s just what I did this weekend. Here’s a little recap of my uneventful weekend:
1. I spent a lot of time outside, just relaxing and looking at the beautiful blue sky…
2. I read outside. Currently, I am reading “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn. If you haven’t read this book yet, I highly suggest you do. It’s a murder mystery type book, and I can’t seem to put it down!
3. I made an EPIC 108 point word on Words With Friends. Needless to say, my sister wanted to give up on the entire game after that one.
4. I worked in the garden with my sister. We transplanted some vegetable plants into the ground. This is the first year that my sisters and I are managing the garden on our own, so I really hope we don’t kill all the plants…
5. And last but not least, I made a peanut butter pie to bring over to my Nana’s. Actually, this was last weekend, for Mother’s Day, but I had to include it. Peanut butter pie is so good, especially when enjoyed in the company of your sweet grandmother.
Well, that’s it. Certainly not the most exciting weekend, but it was nice nonetheless. I hope you all have a nice week ahead!
What did you do this weekend? What’s your favorite way to spend a lazy day?