Today is my little sister’s birthday. Allie turns 18 today, and tomorrow she will graduate from high school.
I can hardly believe my baby sister is all grown up. It seems like just yesterday we were playing Barbies in the basement and making tents out of blankets and chairs in the living room. I know people often say this, but geez, time really does fly!
Although this day is bittersweet, I could not be more proud of the young woman my little sister has become. Allie is remarkable, and I look up to her in so many ways (and not just because she’s three inches taller than me, which by the way, I am super jealous of) 🙂 Allie is sweet, loving, and incredibly smart. She is talented in so many ways, yet is so humble. Her smile lights up a room and her loud laugh is seriously contagious. I cannot count the number of times Allie has cheered me up just by her being around.
I cannot wait to see where the future takes my baby sister. I know she has many great things ahead of her and am so excited to continue to watch her grow up and succeed. Allie, I know I don’t say this enough, but I am so glad you are my little sister. Thank you for always being there for me, and most importantly, for being YOU.
Happy birthday, Allie! I am so incredibly proud of you, and love you very much!!! XOXOXO
As I mentioned in my last post, I’ve been in a funk, and unfortunately, it still hasn’t gone away. I am feeling a little more rested after a weekend of lounging around and relaxing, though. It’s difficult for me to just “be lazy” because I often feel guilty for not doing something more productive. I am beginning to realize that lazy days are actually a GOOD thing once in awhile. It’s good to just chill out and do things that make you happy, and that’s just what I did this weekend. Here’s a little recap of my uneventful weekend:
1. I spent a lot of time outside, just relaxing and looking at the beautiful blue sky…
2. I read outside. Currently, I am reading “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn. If you haven’t read this book yet, I highly suggest you do. It’s a murder mystery type book, and I can’t seem to put it down!
3. I made an EPIC 108 point word on Words With Friends. Needless to say, my sister wanted to give up on the entire game after that one.
4. I worked in the garden with my sister. We transplanted some vegetable plants into the ground. This is the first year that my sisters and I are managing the garden on our own, so I really hope we don’t kill all the plants…
5. And last but not least, I made a peanut butter pie to bring over to my Nana’s. Actually, this was last weekend, for Mother’s Day, but I had to include it. Peanut butter pie is so good, especially when enjoyed in the company of your sweet grandmother.
Well, that’s it. Certainly not the most exciting weekend, but it was nice nonetheless. I hope you all have a nice week ahead!
What did you do this weekend? What’s your favorite way to spend a lazy day?
I’ve been in a funk lately, and I’m not sure how to get out of it. I’ve been feeling anxious, restless, and just unable to think clearly. It seems like the only time I can gather my thoughts and feel some sense of calm is when I’m outside in the woods. I took my phone along with me last week and decided to take some snapshots of my favorite place to be lately:
Hopefully, I’ll be back soon with a more substantial post. But for now, I hope you all have a nice weekend.