The other day, the beautiful Kendra over at veggiedancer nominated me for the Liebster Award (thanks, Kendra)!!! The Liebster Award is a survey that helps bloggers connect and get to know a little more about one another. Since I just finished my exams last week, and because I’m a new blogger, I thought this would be a good opportunity to share some information about myself. Here are the rules:
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posed by the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in the post.
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you and tell the bloggers you nominated
Now that the rules are out of the way, let’s get started! Here are 11 random facts about me 🙂
1. I have a hard time staying awake when I watch movies, which is why I rarely watch them. For some reason, I have trouble keeping my attention focused for a whole 2-2.5 hour movie (I don’t have ADD, I swear!) Thirty minute TV shows, I can do, but movies? Nope. Unless the movie is really super interesting, I’ll probably be asleep a half hour into it.
2. I have two younger sisters and they are literally my best friends. Emily is 19 years old and graduated high school last year, and Allie is 17 and a Senior this year. We have always been close, even growing up. I feel so incredibly blessed to have two beautiful sisters who are not only my sisters, but my best friends.
3. My first job ever (besides babysitting, which I did a lot of in high school) was working at a dental office the summer before my Senior year of high school. My mom’s friend has his own dental office, and they needed some extra help in the office for the summer, so I jumped at the chance! I did a bunch of random stuff, from answering the phone and seating patients, to filing and mailing stuff. I also helped clean the rooms and disninfect the instruments after each patient. It was a really great first job!
4. I need to have some kind of fan or humidifier in my room at night in order to fall asleep. I cannot sleep if my bedroom is dead quiet and need some type of white noise. I remember when my friends used to sleep over, they thought this was so strange!
5. I love love love ice cream! I am honestly not a fan of a lot of other desserts (I don’t really like cake, and could live without pie). But when it comes to ice cream? I simply cannot pass it up. I really don’t have one favorite flavor, but I love butter pecan, black raspberry, and plain old vanilla. It’s even tastier when it’s in a waffle cone.
6. I acted in a few theater performances in middle school and high school, which surprises even me because I am very shy. My friend convinced me to try out for a performance our high school was putting on, so I did. I didn’t make the cut, but when another girl dropped out, they called me back in to fill her role. I honestly cannot remember the title of the play, but it was a spin on different Shakespeare stories (one of the English teachers wrote the play). I acted in another play after that, and also took a performing arts course in middle school. I had a great time, and I hope to be able to get back to a place someday where I am able to do things like that without social anxiety getting in the way!
7. I really like to clean. I don’t know why, but I just feel so much better and so accomplished after I’ve cleaned the entire house. The only chore I really dislike is cleaning the bathtub, but I do it anyway because I like clean bathrooms!
8. This may be childish, but I love to color! I don’t do it often, but sometimes when I am stressed out or bored, I break out the coloring books and crayons. Don’t judge me! It’s actually fun, and surprisingly therapeutic.
9. I can’t stand to have my nail polish be chipped even a little bit. For this reason, I rarely paint my fingernails. Whenever I do, they usually start chipping within a few days, and then I just have to take it off.
10. I have anxiety over driving. I didn’t get my license until I was 19, and that was only because my mom begged and pleaded with me. I had practiced parallel parking for months and months, and had it pretty much perfected. Then when it came down to the test, I was so nervous, that I couldn’t pass the parking portion of the test. I finally passed my driver’s test on my fourth try. Driving still makes me nervous, and I usually only do it when I have to. But I as I drive more and get more experience, I hope that I will start to feel less nervous.
11. I am majoring in psychology because the subject just fascinates me. I still am not sure exactly what I want to do, which really bothers me because I am the type of person who likes to have everything planned out. I have thought of getting my Master’s of Education and being a high school guidance counselor. I’ve also thought of going into research or being a clinical psychologist. I hope I figure out what I want to do!
Ok, now I am going to answer the list of 11 questions posed by Kendra!
1. What is your favorite holiday tradition/activity/event? It’s hard to pick just one, but I would have to say baking Christmas cookies with my mom and sisters. I hope to post some of the cookie recipes we make!
2. How many times have you moved in your life? Hmmm, let’s see. I have only moved states once, but I’ve moved to a different house 6 times. That’s mostly because when my parents divorced, I moved out with my mom, who ended up renting a couple of different houses. My dad still lives in the house we moved to when I was in 1st grade.
3. Have you ever been overseas? If so, which countries have you visited? If not, what countries would you like to visit? I have never been out of the country, not even to Canada, but I would absolutely love to travel! I think the 1st place I would want to go would be Italy or Spain. Or maybe I’d just take a whole European tour 🙂
4. What are some of your favorite books? Ever since I was young, I’ve loved to read. I thank my mama for instilling this in me because she was always reading to my sisters and me when we were little. I have a lot of favorite books, but some of my favorites are Autobiography of a Face, The Glass Castle, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, The Help, Tuesdays with Morrie, The Invisible Man…I could go on and on!!!
5. What is your favorite restaurant? I would probably have to say this little Italian place in my hometown. Their pasta is the best!
6. If you could have any superpower, which one would it be and why? Is it weird that I’ve actually thought about this? My first instinct would be to say the ability to read minds, but I think that would just drive me nuts. And let’s face it; sometimes, you just don’t want to know what other people are thinking. I would love to have teleportation abilities, especially now that I am away from most of my family while I’m here going to college.
7. What is your favorite type of weather? I absolutely love rainy dreary days, the ones where the sky is gray all day. I know, I know, I’m kind of weird. But those types of days just feel so cozy to me. And the perfect temperature is in the low to mid- 70’s. I don’t like being cold!
8. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten (or drunk)? I had to think awhile about this one because I am not very adventurous with food. When I was younger, sometimes I would eat Pringles dipped in ketchup for a snack (healthy, right?) I loved ketchup (and still do) and the combination of Pringles and ketchup kind of tasted like salty french fries to me.
9. What is your favorite school subject? I love all of my classes that I take for my psychology major, and I just find them so interesting! Surprisingly, I also really enjoyed the two semesters of Statistics and Research Methods classes that are required for my major.
10. Do you prefer to exercise indoors or outdoors? Definitely outdoors, as long as the weather is nice! I love walking, hiking, and biking, and find it so much more fun than exercising inside.
11. What is one of your favorite quotes? I have many, but here are a few favorites:
– “Keep your face always towards the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you.” Walt Whitman
– “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” Thomas Jefferson
-“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” Helen Keller
Those were awesome questions, Kendra! Now I get to ask 11 more questions for my nominees to answer! Here they are:
1. What’s the best piece of advice someone has ever given you?
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. In your opinion, what’s the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon?
4. Name one quality you admire in other people.
5. What’s your biggest fear?
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
7. What is your favorite vacation spot?
8. Would you rather live in the calm countryside, or a hustling bustling city?
9. What is your favorite way to destress?
10. What was your first job (if you’ve had one)?
11. What is one lesson you learned the hard way?
Since I am a new blogger, I don’t have 11 people to nominate, but I will nominate some of the lovely ladies I have “met” thus far through blogging. If you don’t want to/don’t have time to do this, please don’t feel pressured! And if you see this and I did NOT nominate you, feel free to join in!
Miss Polkadot at Let’s Get Living
Sunnie at moderngirlnutrition
Allie at Allie’s Life
Paola at Sol de Luna
Mary Kate at Sweets and Sweat
Shannon at Healthiful Balance
Ok, well that was an epically long post! I had fun but I hope it didn’t bore you. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday!